About Real Estate Investment Trusts
What is a REIT?
In general, a real estate investment trust (REIT) is an entity that:
- Typically owns a diversified portfolio of commercial real estate
- Acquires investments using the capital of its investors
- Is professionally managed
- Strives to pay regular distributions to stockholders
- Historically, has low correlation of returns with other traditional asset classes
CNL Lifestyle Properties invested in the activities that are important to all of us. The Company monitored lifestyle trends driven by demographics, develops strong relationships with significant industry leaders, and invested in income-producing properties. These properties were diversified by geography, operator and lifestyle sector.
CNL Lifestyle Properties portfolio included ski & mountain lifestyle, attractions, and marinas properties.